Coleman Engineering managed all facets of this 350,000 gpd wastewater treatment plant upgrade project for the Tuolumne City Sanitary District. Services provided included State of California funding application management and coordination; negotiations with Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board permitting staff; preliminary and final engineering design; preparation of construction plans and technical specifications; coordination with all sub-consultants; daily resident engineering inspections, and engineering services during construction. We designed and provided daily construction inspections for the following major improvements:
- Influent alkalinity adjustment facility.
- Sludge storage lagoon and sludge dewatering improvements.
- Disinfection system improvements.
- Automation of dissolved oxygen controls for the aeration basin.
- Addition of SCADA controls.
- Design of a new office / workshop building, site grading and paving design.
- Improvements to the disposal sprayfield.
Key Challenge & Solutions
The existing sewer trunk collection system was at a minimal gradient and in a poor condition. We assisted the client in identifying funding sources, preparing funding applications and ultimately in securing the funding that not only solved the sewer problem but allowed for a full treatment plant upgrade and provided for new connections to a new hotel and casino.
February 14, 2022